Saturday, August 22, 2009

Camino de Santiago, Galicia, Spain















The Camino de Santiago, or Way of St. James, has been a pilgrimage route for a thousand years, or more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_of_St._James

I'd never heard of this before, but it's now appeared on my radar twice in the last 6 weeks or so. My friend, Jim who sent the card, is walking the route (or at least part of it) and my friend, Tim, spoke of it after his return from Spain for a wine research trip. Trend or coincidence? It remains to be seen.

In any case, it does appear to be a trendy quasi spiritual vacation and respite from modern life. I've always wanted to do so some sort of walking trip in Europe (Scotland? France? Italy?), so perhaps this could be an interesting alternative.

1 comment:

  1. ooo sign me up for the walking trip! Anyplace

    ReplyDelete