Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Homage to Mystery Sender

If you've been paying attention, you've noticed a couple of postings regarding the elusive mystery postcard sender, someone who has been sending unsigned postcards, dropping an occasional clue as to her/his identity, taunting me when I mis-read the clues, but continuing to send an array of antique postcards, almost daily.

I love getting these. The regularity is wonderful, I never know when there might be a taunt (which of course always makes me laugh), and the depth of random information on each postcard is extraordinary.

So for the next few days, I'll be featuring an "Homage to Mystery Sender", first with a couple groupings of cards, and finally with the taunts.

Several cards arrived which featured dams, roads, public buildings, etc. Others are decidedly un-PC for this day and age, and others illustrate a sense of humor that has long since passed.

Today, the dams. Pay particular attention to the additional info on the back of each. I find it all fascinating!















1 comment:

  1. Mary,

    I am very familiar with this dam. I grew up water skiing on this lake. My mom and two of my sisters have houses on this lake and my Uncle Charlie has a fishing resort on the river-side of the dam. In fact, his resort is the first dock down from the dam. They say there are giant catfish (six feet long!) swimming in the depths by the dam. When I ski by the dam I'm VERY careful! Carla

    ReplyDelete