Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Lion House in Salt Lake City













I haven't posted a card from the Mystery Sender in way too long, so today, a card of the Lion House, home of Brigham Young, in Salt Lake City sent by my favorite postcard correspondent, the Mystery Sender.  My book club is reading The 19th Wife about a Mormon polygamous sect in Utah (where else?), so it seemed appropriate.

I love the difference in descriptions of the Lion House from the perspective of the Mormon Church (here) and Wikipedia (here).  The Mormon history describes the Lion House as Brigham Young's house where he housed his "very large family".  Wikipedia talks about his many wives and all their children.  It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary! Sounds like a fascinating book. I wish that they had a book club in my town. Maybe I need to start one:) I just had a ball scrolling through all of your state cards too! You have an amazing collection:)

    ReplyDelete