Friday, February 5, 2010

Shambala Preserve








Tippi Hedren, of Alfred Hitchcock's Bird fame, founded a center called the Shambala Preserve, in the high dessert in Southern California.  It is home to almost 70 exotic felines, including the serval named "Ozzie" pictured above, as well as "lions, tigers, cougars, black and spotted leopards, servals, bobcats, Asian leopard cats, a jungle cat, a lynx, and one very magnificent liger".

I have a cat, Sunshine, who isn't exactly an exotic feline but she's a beautiful cat.  She is particularly devoted to me, and she and my husband do battle over who might get my attention.  My husband thinks the cat wins too often.

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if they'd take my cat? He can't go outside; he is so huge; sometimes he bites; and I would love to let him run free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, didn't check my spelling. Anyway, what a beautiful cat, I too have a cat that rules the household.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understood that they have "one magnificent Liger". (It's a cross between a tiger and a lion, only possible in captivity since one is from Africa and one is from India). Just a FYI Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good catch, anonymous. I had thought it was a typo, but I think they do have a liger! I will edit post accordingly. :)

    ReplyDelete