Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Royals, Continued - A Minor Royal





















HRH Prince Edward
, a younger brother of Prince Charles. Once third in line for the succession to the throne, he is now seventh. It's not likely he'll ever be King.

I sent this postcard to my husband (then boyfriend) the very first time I ever took a trip that necessitated a passport - my friend Carol and I went to England for about nine days. We had a blast, staying mostly in London, but renting a car for a couple of days to visit Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon. This card reminded me that in Stratford-upon-Avon, after a very nice dinner in a Shakespearian era restaurant, we went into a local bar, where we found more than one Boy George look-alike, complete with hair, make up and clothes. Having always been a huge Boy George fan, this was one of the highlights of our trip, and such a contrast to the history and culture we had up to this point immersed ourselves in.

Makes me laugh, just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment