Friday, October 30, 2009

Jimmy's Kitchen Hong Kong
















Jimmy's Kitchen & Landau's still exist in Hong Kong, but I have no recollection of ever being in either. At first I thought I had perhaps just picked the postcard up at an advertising rack somewhere. However, my note to myself tells me otherwise - one of the restaurants was in the same building as Saatchi & Saatchi Hong Kong, where I was meeting. A quick address check of all three would suggest that this is no longer the case.

I must have gone to Hong Kong on business five or six times, but the best was when I stayed over the weekend to be with my friends Paula and Menis who were living there at the time.

One night, while out to dinner in Wan Chai, we had a long discussion of what sounded like a mythical creature: Hong Kong Elvis. Sure enough, after we left the restaurants, we literally bumped right into him. Much hilarity ensued. Check out this video of him. I can't believe he's still wandering the streets!

1 comment:

  1. Dad went to Jimmy's Kitchen many times when he was in the Navy--one of his favorites in 1953,1954 and 1955.

    ReplyDelete