Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 5 - First Posting of Postcards - Bhutan



Just jump in, as they say. So here goes. My first postcard post. From a collection of many many many postcards.

My goal: post a postcard a day, for the next 365 days. I might have to post multiples some days, if I am traveling (any opportunity to send a new postcard to myself!), but I will post 365 from today through the 4th of July next year.

This postcard just arrived from my friend Yolanda, who was traveling in Bhutan. It took less than 2 weeks to arrive in San Francisco, which is not always the case with postcards sent from exotic and distant locations.

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 07, 2009

    What a great idea! I'm going to love looking at this. I have a friend who always asks me send her a post card because she also collects them so I forwarded your blog so she can enjoy all of yours.
    Sandy Bremner

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 06, 2010

    I just looked back at this first post you did. You've just gotten back from your three week trip to Spain, Morocco and Portugal and I realized that I'd missed your posts while you were gone. Then the thought "what happens after a year?" came to mind. Perhaps then we'll both just drift away into obscurity.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 04, 2011

    coming up on two years...wow! not so regular now but still going. Have a good 4th and happy 2 year anniversary tomorrow.
    ~Peace

    ReplyDelete