Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bethany Beach, Delaware















My friends, Lorry & Jack, have an incredible beach house in Bethany Beach, Delaware. I've been lucky enough to visit them there every summer for the past 6 or 7 years. I'm not sure I'm going to make it this year, but Lorry sent this postcard to entice me.

Before I visited Bethany Beach, I never thought about Delaware having a beach area. In California, you hear about the Jersey Shore, the Outer Banks, Virginia Beach - but not a lot about the Delaware Shore.

In reviewing all my postcards from US locations, and sorting them into states, I found that I have postcards from all states with the exception of the following: Rhode Island (never visited, only driven through), North & South Dakota (never visited), Kansas (had a business trip there but must have forgotten to send myself a postcard), Vermont (I must have a postcard from there somewhere, but none in the pile), West Virginia (it is pretty out of the way), Indiana (never visited) and Nebraska (ditto). If anybody lives in/is going to these states, send me a postcard, please! Post a comment with your email and I'll send you my mailing address, in case you don't have it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, drat! Having driven cross-country 3 times in the past 8 years, I could have made your collection nearly complete, if only I'd known!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to acknowledgment for creating this absorbing blog, because its accepting the acceptable entertainment. miami beach luxury condos

    ReplyDelete