Monday, January 31, 2011

That Time of Year

It's rainy today in San Francisco, after a week of beautiful, warm-for-January weather.  Sometimes the little teases of Spring make waiting for Spring that much tougher.

This postcard from Zihuatanejo reminds me of a week I spent on this beach, swimming, snorkeling, fishing, swinging in hamacas (hammocks), and playing sand croquet with some locals we met.  Ahhhhh.  It's been too long since I've had my toes in warm sand and swum in a warm or even warm-ish ocean, and I wouldn't mind going back here, even if it is a lot more developed now than it was 25 years ago. 

 [Note to friends in snowy climates:  I recognize that a Californian complaining about weather is scoffable at best.  Too bad.]

3 comments:

  1. This friend from the sort of snowy country is happy to be heading to Baja this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being in Zihuatanejo when it was so hot that I got a heat rash. I can't even imagine what it's like to be that warm as I sit here shivering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no sympathy even though it's not snowy! I could go into detail about the cold north east wind... It's a long time since I visited Mexico, and it was this time of year that I went. Memories!

    ReplyDelete