Friday, February 11, 2011

My First Moomin Postcard

Big day!  My first Moomin postcard from Finland, through Postcrossing.  I've mentioned before that the Finns, given the size and population of their country, are by far the most well represented country on Postcrossing, and that many people, in their Postcrossing profiles and postcard requests, wish for Moomin postcards from them.

I was particularly excited to receive this postcard because I've been familiar with Moomin for a long time, way before my involvement with Postcrossing.  My cousin, David, actually has what are probably first editions of Moomin books and and the figures/dolls that go with them from his childhood.  I remember his reading (and perhaps his dad or mom's voice as well), in a particular tone of voice, about "Moomin, Mymble and Little My."

I hope he likes this postcard, as he reads my blog.  (Hey, David & Nancy!)

I was also excited because my husband is 50% Finnish, which makes my kids of Finnish heritage.  It seems like Moomin is something they should know about.

9 comments:

  1. This is the first Moomin postcard I've ever seen - or heard of. Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy PFF! I have never heard of this before! Great posting!
    Tete

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that people request them but so far I've never received one. The TV series in the UK came more or less when my sons were growing out of that sort of thing - and they have yet to grow back into them again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! David was talking about the Moomins just the other night. Not to be confused with trolls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your First Moomin Postcard look awesome . I like this types of the cartoon card . When i was a small i make this type of the card give it yo mine friend and the teachers.

    full color postcard printing

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so great to learn something new - never heard of a Moomin but they certainly are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I've never heard of Moomins. How does the math go? Husband, 50% Moomin. Kids, 25% Moomin. And Mary, just lovin' the Moomins!
    ~Paix (Just to change it up a bit)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there a piece of Moomin's head missing, or is it just me? Great card, and I've never heard of this cartoon character either.

    ReplyDelete