Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, we celebrate that most American of holidays - Thanksgiving. 

While much of the day is filled with consuming - food, football and fine wines - many of us do stop and take a moment to think about what we are grateful for.

I'm grateful for my family, from husband & sons, to brothers & sisters, mom and mother-in-laws, and my cousins and "like family" friends.

I'm grateful to have a job.  I'm grateful for my garden - the broccoli is getting bigger by the day. 

I'm grateful for music and art and laughter.  I'm grateful that you've chosen to spend a minute reading my blog!

What are you grateful for?

5 comments:

  1. Aw heck, I'm grateful for running water, electricity, heat , a roof over my head, and family to spend time with under that roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm SO relieved to NOT be sitting in front of a computer working - but o so grateful for the work!

    And i'm even more grateful for good health again, a very gooood loving man as my partner, a fabulous family on every branch of the tree, and such dear darling friends as you, Mar. I know your day was fantastic! Happy TG...XOXm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card!
    Yes, those images from my blog show bovids, and even more specifically: bovines.
    "A bovid is any of almost 140 species of cloven-hoofed mammals belonging to the family Bovidae. The family is widespread, being native to Asia, Africa, Europe and North America, and diverse: members include bison, African buffalo, water buffalo, antelopes, gazelles, sheep, goats, muskoxen, and domestic cattle."
    I'm grateful for being a human, and more specifically: a man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those of us in other countries could benefit from a day like Thanksgiving, at least the giving thanks part and counting our blessings. I confess, though, I yearn to taste pumpkin pie. With cream of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for you, my wonderful cousin. My soulful connection to that world from whence I came! We had a great day at Lacy's new pad with Moss, Hannah, Lily, and Locke. And Dave's side too. Turkey only a little undercooked and two cans of condensed milk in the pumpkin pie instead of one. Ooops.

    ReplyDelete