Tuesday, September 27, 2011

More Cows


A while back, I posted a series of cow postcards.  I was surprised at  how many I had.  (You can check them out here (Swiss cows), here (German cows), here (cow identification), here (modern cow art), and here (Texan cows).  The cows above are Dutch cows, sent by Dina in The Netherlands through Postcrossing.  I love two things about this card. 

1.  The perspective of the photo.  Who would have thought these cows could look so majestic?

2.  The message from Dina:  "This is a card about cows.  We have a lot of them here."

My fascination with cows isn't an obsession, but I am intrigued.  At one point in my life, I had quite a few cow tchotchkes around, and still have a few of them, including a ceramic cow that must be from the 20s or 30s (it was my grandmother's) complete with chiffon dress, straw hat and pearls, and the cow we call "the house deity" who is quite majestic, even with a shawl collar robe over his shoulders.  I'd kind of forgotten about all the cows, until they started showing up as postcards.

1 comment:

  1. They look as though they came over to see what the photographer was doing. I love the way cows are so curious. There were some Jerseys in a field by our house and every morning when I left for work they would cone to inspect what was going on.

    ReplyDelete